Last Updated 18 September 2020
Itron, Inc., operating as Temetra (“Temetra,” “we,” or “us’) values the importance of protecting your privacy and personal information. This Privacy Notice considers various laws such as the EU General Data Protection Regulation 2016/679 (“GDPR”), the California Consumer Privacy Act (“CCPA”), and other laws and regulations to address Temetra’s global practice.
This Privacy Notice applies to information we collect when you interact with our Temetra Websites and Applications:
“Website” includes: https://en.temetra.com/
“Applications” include: meter.ie au.temetra.com us.temetra.com and any Temetra application launched from: www.temetra.com/wmsapp/login.do or mobile app store.
This Privacy Notice may not apply to information processed by Temetra if such processing is governed by separate agreements between Itron, Inc. or Temetra, and its Customers, and/or end users. For more information, please see your service contract. Temetra Websites and Applications are intended for use by persons age 16 or older. Temetra does not seek to collect personally identifiable information about children under the age of 16. No information should be submitted or posted to Temetra’s Websites by users under the age of 16.
Temetra does not collect any personal information from visitors to our websites.
COLLECTION OF INFORMATION
Information You Provide to Us
We may collect data, including personal information, that you provide directly to us via the Applications. For example, we collect information when you:
- Register online for an account; or
- Request customer support.
- The types of personal information we may collect include:
- Email address;
- IP Address; and
- Any other information you choose to provide within an email, request, or otherwise.
Information We Collect Automatically When You Use Our Applications
When you use our Applications, we may collect Log and Device information automatically.
Log Information: We may collect log information about your internet use, including the type of browser you use, access times, pages viewed, your IP address, and the page you visited before navigating to our Services.
Device Information: We may collect information about the computer or mobile device you use to access our Services, including the hardware model, operating system and version, unique device identifiers, and mobile network information.
Customer Web Application
As with most web applications, there is a temporary session cookie used while you are logged in to the web application and is deleted when you log out. Permanent cookies are only stored pursuant to customer agreements and set up in Multi Factor Authentication as described below. Temetra does not use any third-party services and does not rely on third party cookies for our service.
Customer Web Application, using Multi Factor Authentication and Trusted Device
Temetra offers an additional customer opt-in to security using Multi Factor Authentication (MFA), also known as Two Factor Auth.
When using this feature, we provide an option for the customer to mark certain devices or computers as Trusted Devices, that can skip MFA steps. Such devices are then marked on Temetra by storing a permanent cookie on the customer’s computer, that identifies it as trusted by you.
USE OF INFORMATION
We may combine the information we collect about you and use this information for various
purposes, including to:
- Deliver the Services you request and process related transactions;
- Provide, maintain, and improve our online Applications;
- Send you technical notices, updates, security alerts, and support messages;
- Respond to your comments or questions to provide customer service;
- Detect, investigate, and prevent fraudulent transactions and other illegal activities;
- Carry out any other purpose described to you at the time the information was collected.
SHARING OF INFORMATION
We do not rent or sell your information to third-party advertisers for their own marketing
purposes. We may share information about you as follows or as otherwise described in this
- With vendors, consultants, and other service providers who need access to such information to carry out work on our behalf in support of the purposes described above;
- In response to a request for information, if we believe disclosure is in accordance with, or required by, any applicable law, regulation, or legal process, including in connection with lawful requests by law enforcement, national security, or other public authorities;
- If we believe your actions are inconsistent with our user agreements or policies, or to protect the rights, property, and safety of Itron, Inc., Temetra or others;
- In connection with, or during negotiations of, any merger, sale of company assets, financing, or acquisition of all or a portion of our business by another company;
- Between and among Itron, Inc. and our current and future parents, affiliates, subsidiaries, and other companies worldwide under common control and ownership;
- With your consent or at your direction.
SECURITY AND RETENTION
Temetra takes reasonable physical, technical, and administrative measures and contractually requires our suppliers to help protect information about you from loss, theft, misuse, and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, and destruction. Since the Internet is not completely secure, we cannot warrant or ensure the security of personal information you provide. We retain certain information, as required by law or for legitimate business purposes, after which time such data is deleted. For example, once a user account is deleted, the personal information associated with the account login credentials is also deleted. However, information related to an active order may be retained for longer periods due to other legal or compliance obligations.
INTERNATIONAL DATA TRANSFERS
Temetra does not transmit data from the European Union (EU) to areas outside of the EU. In addition, Australia data is only backed up in Australia, EU data is only backed up in the EU. We may, on occasion, need to take a temporary copy of data to our research and development lab in Ireland for the purpose of debugging, but such data is immediately deleted upon completion of the work.
MANAGING YOUR DATA
If you are a resident of a country or state that provides you with the right to (1) request a copy of the personal information Temetra holds about you, (2) correct any inaccuracies within such data, or (3) delete the data, then you may address such requests via our request web form.
Temetra will use reasonable efforts to supply, correct, or delete information that we hold about you in accordance with applicable laws.
For more information on your rights in your area, please reference your local data privacy regulation.
If you are an EU resident where the GDPR applies, you have a right to:
- Request a copy of the personal information about you that we hold;
- Request a correction of the personal information about you that we hold;
- Ask to delete your personal information if:
- It is no longer necessary for the purposes for which we obtained it;
- You have withdrawn your consent for our processing of your personal information, and we have no other legal basis for the processing;
- You have validly objected to our processing of your personal information;
- We have unlawfully processed your personal information; or
- We must delete your personal information to comply with a legal obligation
California Privacy Rights
The California Consumer Protection Act (“CCPA”) protects a California resident’s right to request access to or deletion of their personal information with exceptions. Temetra does not discriminate against the exercising of these rights. If you are a Temetra customer and California Resident:
- You have the right to request, twice in a 12-month period, that Temetra discloses to you the personal information related to you that we have collected during the past 12 months.
- You have the right to request that Temetra delete your personal information with exceptions, such as when the deletion of information would create problems with compliance with a legal obligation.
- If you would like to exercise your right to access or delete, please submit this CCPA Request Form. Our privacy team will examine your request and respond to you as quickly as possible.
The Right to Opt-out of Sale
Temetra does not sell personal information.
Please note that we may still use aggregated and de-identified personal information that does not identify you or any individual; Temetra or our parent, Itron, Inc., may also retain information as needed in order to comply with legal obligations and resolve disputes.
California Shine the Light Law
Temetra does not share personal information to third-parties for third-party direct marketing purposes. Cal. Civ. Code § 1798.83(d).
Temetra does not make decisions about individuals based solely on automated processing (i.e., without human involvement) which have a legal or similarly significant effect on them.
Withdrawing consent for processing your information
You may withdraw your consent for the processing of your personal information at any time in which case Temetra will stop processing your personal information for the purpose(s) for which consent was given unless we have another legal basis for the processing.
If you wish to make a complaint about how Temetra is using your personal information, exercise any of the rights set out above, or if you have any questions or comments about privacy issues, please do so via our web form or via our “Contact Us” information below. Where GDPR applies to the processing of your personal information, you also have a right to complain to the EU Data Protection Authority in your jurisdiction.
ADVERTISING AND ANALYTICS
Temetra Websites and Applications do not engage in advertising or analytics servers.
“DO NOT TRACK”
Some laws require that Temetra acknowledge how we respond to web browser Do Not Track settings. Temetra adheres to the “Do Not Track” settings in your browser and does not monitor or track your browsing history
LINKS TO OTHER WEB SITES
This Privacy Notice does not cover links within this site which link to other websites. If you have questions about how a site uses your information, please check that site’s privacy statement.
For California Consumer Privacy Act specific requests, please submit this CCPA form. For all other privacy information requests regarding data deletion, complaints, or other inquiries – please submit this web form.
Additional questions can be sent by email or mail to the Global Privacy Officer at:
ATTN: Global Privacy Officer
1250 S. Capital of Texas Hwy
Building 3, Suite 200
Austin, TX 78746
CHANGES TO THIS NOTICE
We may change or update this Privacy Notice from time to time. If we make changes, we will notify you by revising the “Last Updated” date on this webpage.